With one in five students in school in any given year possibly having a mental health concern, recognizing and treating mental health issues in school-age children and adolescents is critical. Mental health does not only mean the absence of mental illness; in addition, mental health also includes having the skills needed to deal with life’s many challenges.
Children do not learn at their optimum when experiencing mental illness or when overwhelmed by life’s stressors. At Jamison Consultants Behavioral Health Center, we have a number of outpatient programs and services that can help children effectively manage mental health issues and enable them to improve functioning both at home and at school.
If you are concerned about your child’s mental health, or know a child/adolescent who may be in need of mental health services, call us today call us today at your nearest location for more information and to schedule a consultation.There is a better way, and a better life, for children/adolescents dealing with mental health issues … and we can help.
In the School-Based Mental Health Services Program “ the mental health needs of students are identified and addressed, on‐site clinicians are available for mental health consultation, and strong inter‐systems collaboration increases the opportunities to prevent more serious difficulties, including suicide.” (Oldham, 2008).
Warning Signs and Symptoms of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders
- Frequent anger and irritability
- Repeated refusal to go to school
- Decline in school performance
- Frequently disobeys parents and teachers
- Unable to pay attention/easily distracted
Helping Individuals Manage and Treat Today’s Most Common Mental Health Issues
Jamison Consultants Behavioral Health Center offers behavioral health services for children, adolescents, adults and families, providing a broad range of mental health services. Jamison Consultants Behavioral Health Center accepts a wide variety of insurances, including Medicaid, making it an important new option for all those who need behavioral health services to get the help they need to enhance their lives.
- Behavioral modification provides comprehensive intervention to children and adolescents with mild to severe behavioral disturbances
- Experienced, compassionate mental health professionals working one-on-one
- In-school programs and after-school/evening appointments at our convenient locations
- Comprehensive Family Support Services designed to assist families to develop strategies for coping more effectively with problems resulting from behavioral health issues
- Independent Living Skills (assisting with learning how to take care of home, i.e., laundry, meals, cleaning, etc.)