There are some really great benefits to sending your kids to camp:
1. Life skills development to improve quality of life:
- Basic living skills
- Healthy living habits
- Self-care skills.
2. Problem-solving and decision-making skills training to develop personal empowerment.
3. Interpersonal Skills Training: Encouraging self-management, socialization, and communication skills.
4. Activities that promote recovery, restore skills, and develop adaptive behaviors that may include the following:
- Selection of nutritional food
- Verbalize thoughts, feelings, and ideas in a supportive environment
- Improving concentration and attention
5. Team building activities:
- Art therapy
- Group exercises & recreation
- Reinforce positive social skills
- Leadership activities
- Field trips; including Coastal Discovery Museum and beach day